Within the training and education workstream, we deliver therapeutic horticulture, animal care and low impact sports at our Dutch Farm project based in South Liverpool.
In addition YMCA Liverpool provide a range of accredited courses including Chartered Institute of Housing (CIH) Qualifications and Mental Health First Aid.
Coming up in the next few months we have:
- Adult Mental Health First Aid (2 Day)
Monday 8th and Friday 12th October 2018
Monday 5th and Wednesday 7th November 2018
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the mental health equivalent of physical first aid. MHFA training is interactive and provides practical skills and confidence to help recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, and to effectively guide a person to the right support.
The training provides skills and confidence to recognise the signs and symptoms of common mental health issues, and effectively guide a person towards the right support.
This two-day course covers:
- Day 1: Mental Health First Aid, mental health, depression and suicidal crisis
- Day 2: Anxiety, personality disorders, eating disorders, self-harm, psychosis, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in a Mental Health First Aid course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Cost: £169.99 per person (recommended price is £300)
Lunch and refreshments included
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate and FREE resources: Adult Mental Health First Aid Manual, workbook and z card – to keep and refer to whenever you need them.
CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People
12 week course starting 4th October 2018
Venue: YMCA Liverpool
15 Leeds Street, Liverpool L3 6HU
This course will:
Bring you up to date with developments in the homelessness sector
- Provide you with tools and resources to use in working with people at risk of homelessness or residing in supported accommodation settings
- Develop your professional skills
- Achieve a recognized qualification – CIH Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Homeless People
Event cost: £625.00 per person
FREE No More Suicide community suicide prevention training
Duration: 4 hours
The aim of the training is to increase learners’ understanding and knowledge of practical suicide prevention techniques, to enable them to confidently make appropriate and timely interventions if they think someone is feeling suicidal.
By the end of the session learners will be able to:
- Identify signs that might suggest someone is thinking about suicide
- Recognise risk and identify key risk factors
- Have increased confidence to ask direct questions about suicide
- List key support services for people who feel suicidal
We can offer you closed sessions for your workplace, or you can book onto open sessions held at YMCA Liverpool
If you would like more information or would like to book on please get in touch with Emma Carruthers on:
0151 600 3530
Find YMCA Liverpool
Contact us and find us at YMCA Liverpool, Hope House, 15 Leeds Street, Liverpool, L3 6HU